Asparagus. (I’m talking about the vegetable here, not the theatre cat.1)
1. Keep the rubber band on to hold the bunch together.
2. Trim an inch off the ends.
3. Stand the asparagus up in a jar or glass in an inch of water. (Make sure the bottoms are submerged.)
4. Cover the asparagus with a plastic bag.
5. Store in refrigerator for up to a week. (Use within 3 days for best quality.)
6. Change water as needed.
All spears are white until they poke out of the ground. Then the science of photosynthesis turns them green.
1 Gus is the cat at the theatre door.